Sanctuary for Families is proud to announce another extremely successful season of holiday giving programs! We received countless new toys, books, clothing, as well as thousands of dollars in cash and gift card donations!
We are so grateful to all who gave their time, energy, and resources as holiday helpers, Adopt-a-Family Program donors, and gift drive organizers and contributors. Thank you again for your generosity and thoughtfulness. These gifts provided much needed joy to our clients, and eased what can be a difficult transition into a new year.
Here are just a few wonderful things that happened over the holiday season:
1. 161 of our highest-needs families had their entire holiday wish lists fulfilled by incredibly generous donors—thank you for bringing joy to survivors of gender violence during this busy season.
2. Nearly 100 amazing volunteer who wrapped, sorted and organized gifts—We couldn’t have reached so many clients without you!
3. Handing out thousands of additional games, toys, and gifts to over 1,200 adults and children who receive services at Sanctuary.
4. We gave out hundreds of gift cards – empowering our clients to buy presents for themselves and their loved ones.
5. The amazing and dedicated staff members who coordinated this massive movement of donations, gifts and parties.
Thank you to everyone who helped make the holidays a very special time for all of our clients! We could not have done this work without you!
Emily Lo Bue, Jessica Francois and Geneva Morales
Sanctuary for Families’ Volunteer and In-kind Donation Team