Sanctuary clients face more challenges than ever before — we hope you’ll think of them on this special day.
Celebrate #GivingTuesday with a tax-deductible gift to Sanctuary — all gifts will be matched up to $50,000!
Giving Tuesday is just around the corner!
What started as a simple idea and turned into a global movement, Giving Tuesday is an opportunity to come together with people around the world in the spirit of generosity.
This year has been particularly difficult for survivors of domestic violence. With two recent Supreme Court decisions that will grant more power to abusers — the overturning of Roe v. Wade and the striking down of a century-old New York law that limited the carrying of concealed firearms outside the home — victims of gender violence face more challenges than ever before.
We know that many other causes are vying for your attention at this time of year. Still, we hope you’ll think of Sanctuary’s clients on November 29th — the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Thanks to a generous group of anonymous Sanctuary Board members, all gifts made to our #GivingTuesday campaign will be matched up to $50,000! You can get a head start on Giving Tuesday by donating today, knowing that your gift will have double the impact for survivors
Take Action on Social Media
If you’d like to increase your impact, you can create a Facebook fundraiser to get your friends and family involved in our mission to end gender-based violence. It’s an easy and effective way to get the word out about our work.
You can make an incredible difference with just a few minutes’ work.
- Click here to create your own Facebook fundraiser.
- Click ‘Select Nonprofit’ and search for Sanctuary for Families. You’ll know it’s us by our logo!
- Set your goal and tell your friends why you’re supporting Sanctuary or why supporting survivors is important to you.
- Start sharing your fundraiser Monday evening and all through the end of the day on Tuesday!
100% of donations made through Facebook go to the nonprofit organization; which means every dollar goes to our cause.
Create an Instagram Nonprofit Fundraiser:
Instagram fundraisers can be attached to video, carousel, and image posts in the feed. The fundraiser will be visible in the post and will be active for 30 days, which can be extended at any time. A link to an active fundraiser will also be added to your profile bio. ACCESS OUR GRAPHICS.
- On your profile, tap the Create icon (“+”) in the top right.
- Select Fundraiser.
- Enter Sanctuary for Families (@sffny) and select it from the menu.
- Add details in the Fundraiser Details page, tap Add, and tap Share.
Invite others to join an Instagram Group Fundraiser:
- Once you’ve created your fundraiser, tap Share.
- Tap Invite Collaborators.
- Invite the account(s) you would like to join the fundraiser.
- Once the invitees accept, their usernames show in the fundraiser. The fundraiser is also added to their profile.
Fundraise on Instagram Stories Using a Donation Sticker
- Open the camera and upload one of our graphics, or your own photo.
- Tap the sticker icon.
- Select the Donation sticker from the tray.
- Search for and select Sanctuary for Families (@sffny).
- Customize your fundraiser using Stories creative tools.
- Tap Send To, then tap Share next to Your Story.
- You can add multiple images or videos to build your fundraising story.
Prefer Twitter to Facebook or Instagram?
- Add our donation link to your bio.
- When you post, drive your followers to the link in your bio
Direct message us on any of our social media accounts or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting Sanctuary for Families. We are dedicated to the safety, healing, and self-determination of victims of domestic violence and related forms of gender violence. Through comprehensive services for our clients and their children, and through outreach, education, and advocacy, we strive to create a world in which freedom from gender violence is a human right.