The holidays can be a difficult time for many of our clients, particularly those who have left behind family and friends in their efforts to escape abuse. Donors and volunteers like you continue to provide a sense of hope and make the season brighter. Here are just a few of the ways we’ve seen that happen in the past few weeks:
1. When 143 of our highest-needs families (over 450 individuals) had their entire holiday wishlists fulfilled by incredibly generous donors – thank you for bringing joy to survivors of gender violence during this busy season.
2. Welcoming 125 amazing volunteers who wrapped, sorted and organized gifts – we couldn’t have reached so many clients without you!
3. Handing out thousands of additional games, toys and gifts to over 1,800 adults and children who receive services at Sanctuary.
4. Collecting $25,000 in gift cards to distribute – empowering our clients to buy presents for themselves and their loved ones and to share in a gift-giving experience they otherwise may not have been able to afford.
5. Throwing five fantastic parties thanks to Horace Mann School, Paul Lebrecque Salon, and other amazing donors and volunteers.
6. Hanging out with the amazing and dedicated staff members who coordinate this massive movement of donations, gifts and parties.
7. Connecting clients and donors through beautiful thank you notes.
8. Seeing how all of your efforts made the season brighter for our clients,who are taking the difficult steps to start a new life. Thank you!