The holidays are a busy time here at Sanctuary – check out some of our favorite moments bringing cheer to our clients!
Although the holidays are a difficult time for many of our clients who have left behind family and friends in their efforts to escape abuse, donors and volunteers like you make the season brighter. Here are just a few of the ways we’ve seen that happen in the past few weeks:
1. When 139 of our highest-needs families had their entire holiday wishlists fulfilled by incredibly generous donors – thank you for bringing joy to survivors of gender violence during this busy season.
2. Welcoming 125 amazing volunteers who wrapped, sorted and organized gifts – we couldn’t have reached so many clients without you!
3. Handing out 1,400 additional games, toys and gifts to other adults and children who receive services at Sanctuary.
4. Throwing five fantastic parties thanks to Horace Mann School, Paul Lebrecque Salon, and other amazing donors and volunteers.
5. Collecting thousands of dollars in gift cards to distribute to families – empowering moms to buy everything from holiday presents to groceries, and taking a bit of stress off the holiday season.
6. Visits from Santa – on three different occasions! (Santa made possible thanks to very jolly Sanctuary staff!)
7. Hanging out with the amazing and dedicated staff members who coordinate this massive movement of donations, gifts and parties.
8. Connecting clients and donors through beautiful thank you notes.
9. Seeing how all of your efforts – our donors, volunteers and supporters – make the season brighter for our clients, who are leaving abuse behind and taking the difficult step to start a new life.